OSHA, CDC and EPA Say You Need Air Purifiers
During this pandemic, we all learned that staying inside is about the safest we can be from COVID-19. But that’s not always the case.
Many of us had to go back to work and use PPE measures to protect ourselves, but sometimes that is still not enough. We’re here to share what OSHA, CDC and EPA recommends that your business do to avoid exposure to indoor pollutants that can damage your health.
For most employers, protecting workers will depend on emphasizing basic infection prevention measures. But in most cases, a combination of control measures will be necessary to protect workers from exposure to SARS-CoV-2. That said, what precautions could reduce the potential for airborne spreads of the virus at work?
OSHA, The Occupational Safety and Health Act, recommends that it is important for all employers to plan now for COVID-19 “to reduce the impact of COVID-19 outbreak conditions on businesses, workers, customers, and the public”. Moreover, according to OSHA, the most effective protection measure for SARS-CoV-2 include: Installing high-efficiency air filters and Increasing ventilation rates in the work environment.
Additionally, the CDC’s guidance for businesses provides employers and workers with recommended SARS-CoV-2 infection prevention strategies to implement in workplaces. Under the Updated strategies and recommendations for employers responding to COVID-19, including those seeking to resume normal or phased business operations, one of the key recommendations is “Improving the building ventilation system”.
When used properly, air cleaners and HVAC filters can help reduce airborne contaminants including viruses in a building or small space. According to the EPA “In order for an air cleaner to be effective in removing viruses from the air, it must be able to remove small airborne particles (in the size range of 0.1-1 um).” Which usually indicate particle removal efficiency for specific particle sizes, for example “removes 99.9% of particles as small as 0.3 um”). [add link: https://www.epa.gov/coronavirus/air-cleaners-hvac-filters-and-coronavirus-covid-19 ]
CLEAN SURGICAL AIR
Luckily, an air purification system like Clean Surgical Air exists and is designed to clean all indoor air, by removing 99.998% of particulate down to 0.01 microns in size. That’s 15,000 times smaller than a human hair.
Now that you know that air cleaners with filtration can be part of a plan to reduce the potential for airborne transmission of COVID-19 indoors when used along with other best practices recommended by CDC and others, wouldn’t you want the best air cleaner/purifier in the market?
When it comes to air purification there is no comparison. The Clean Surgical Air purification system is the only one in the market with 6 stages of filtration.
SIX STAGES OF FILTRATION
1) The pre-filter stage catches the largest particles as room air is drawn through the intake chamber. The anti-biotic pre-filter prevents most bacteria and germs from growing.
2) The dual-stage electronic precipitator stage captures particulate down to 0.01 microns in size, 15,000 times smaller than a human hair. In the ionizing section of the precipitator, billions of microscopic particles become electronically charged as they pass through the powerful electrical field. The collector plates in the precipitator immediately attract and contain these “charged” particles.
3) The activated carbon filter and molecular sieve stage absorbs odours, chemicals and gases.
4) The photo-catalytic stage captures residue from destroyed organic VOCs, bacteria and viral organisms.
5) The dual high intensity, U.V.(ultraviolet) chamber not only disables the DNA of viruses and bacteria, it utterly destroys them.
6) Before the pure, clean air is circulated back into the room, the air is revitalized with negative ions. Negative ions increase the flow of oxygen to the brain; resulting in higher alertness, decreased drowsiness and more mental energy.
Clean Surgical has greater air flow capacity of filtration and purification and can purify rooms faster, quicker and cleaner. It has more filters than the competitors that include UV, Ionization and carbon filter and it runs quieter than the other air purifiers. What are you waiting for? Get your free quote today!